Under direction, the accountant plan, organize and execute professional-level accounting work in connection with the maintenance of financial records and other Business Services; involve in the financial aspects of accounting, budget, payroll, purchasing, financial aid, liaise with both internal and external clients to increase sales, prepare and assists with annual audits, resolve budget and accounting discrepancies, produce special reports; and perform related work as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development and implementation of the accounting system to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing procedures.
- Liaise with external and internal customers
- Prepares fiscal year-end closing entries to facilitate a clean audit.
- Prepare budget to assure expenditures are balanced to revenues.
- Interprets regulations and accounting policies and procedures from local, State, and Federal agencies and assists in meeting requirements.
- Posts financial transactions including transfers, deposits, and journals; determines and posts closing entries at fiscal year-end; prepares financial records for annual auditing and reporting purposes.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate bank balances in all accounts and reconciles general ledger.
- Analyzes and interprets investment activity; allocates interest, dividends, gains, losses, fees, unrealized gains and losses, and beneficiary payments; prepares financial statements.
- Maintains accurate accounting of financial aid
- Reconciles bank statements and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Audits related work of other personnel.
- Function as the primary contact for external fiscal audits.
- He/She must have a minimum of HND/Bsc in accounting; any professional certification is an advantage.
- Excellent in micro-soft office (Excel) and other accounting package
- Proactive, self driven and good interpersonal skill
- Good customer relationship and communication skill
- Good negotiation, speed and accuracy, and analytical skills
- 5 to 10 years experience
Enhances effectiveness by providing information management support.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading secretarial publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
He/She must have an HND/B.sc in Secretarial Study; Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Good Typing, Verbal Communication
We are a reputable service company providing products and services to the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria. At present, we are seeking suitable candidates to fill this position
- Ability to carry out Lifting Equipment Inspection and Load Testing of CCU’
- Be able to work with minimal supervision for extended periods
- Self motivated, proactive and able to work in a team.
- Honest, excellence Integrity, dedicated, “hands-on” person with strong sense of commitment.
- Load testing and thorough examination of lifting equipment in compliance with industry applicable standard.
- Ability to carry out non-destructive examination in compliance with NDE standards
- Ability to carry out OCTG inspections
- Carry out Lifting equipment inspections and NDT Services and generate an error free report to certification department in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively interpret and implement the minimum requirements of these offshore Containers designed and constructed standards
- Experience in Inspection, testing of all rigging & lifting equipment in offshore service industry or similar environment Knowledge & understanding of LOLER Regulations, British Standards, API and LEEA Guidelines
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work in a team
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
He must have a minimum of degree or HND in Engineering
ASNT, LEEA, Factories Act for Pressure Testing and any other related certifications.
Valid Offshore Safety Passes (BOSIET) will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 3 years of related experience in lifting equipment and NDT inspections.
Develop and determine all standards to perform inspection and tests on all procedures and oversee all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes.
Review quality of all materials at site and ensure compliance to all project specifications and quality and collaborate with department for all material procurement and maintain quality of materials.
Supervise effective implementation of all test and inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
Assist with employees to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manual and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain quality of all systems.
Manage lifting of all equipment and handle efficient storage of all hazardous materials and perform quality audits as per required schedule.
Analyze all products and non conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance.
Monitor an efficient system and record for all project activities and analyze all processes to ensure all work according to quality requirements.
Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
The candidate must possess a minimum of Degree/HND in Engineering
Certifications; ASNT Level II (UT, RT, MPT, LPT), Factory Act, NSL,IRATA, API, LEEA Level II, Nigeria’s Factories Act, ISO 9001-2000
Ability to carry out the above listed rolls without supervision
Good team player
5 years working experience.